After all the sketching in my creative space post last week, I decided it was time to put my thoughts into action.
My sketching unfortunately hadn't included any measurements, so I flew by the seat of my pants, looked at my fabric, grabbed the ruler and the rotary cutter, and cut. Two outer pieces, two lining pieces, two iron-on pellon pieces and the strap and tab. I made the rest up as I went along. The basic idea in the sketch was all I kept - the rest went out the window as I sewed.
These are bloody awful photos, but I have misplaced my camera so my camera phone will have to do the job.
It's a lot bigger than a Box for Socks.
It holds a folded A4 pattern, about four 100g yarn cakes, and your project. It's not big enough for your aran jumper, but it's big enough for a sleeve.
It stands up by itself and looks a bit like a small grocery sack. The Mister thinks it looks like a large popcorn bag, like the kind you get at the cinema.
It has no zips and no velcro, and it's perfect for a quick getaway. I'm still tweaking the design but I think I will shorten the strap (so it's still big enough to go over your wrist) and bring the front tab in a little closer to the edge.