Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dear Patricia

I made you this crocheted cowl* for winter. I hope you like it. There are a number of ways you can wear it, as you'll see. But don't be limited by my lack of imagination (and the photographer's impatience when I was modelling it) - I'm sure you'll have fun finding ways for the cowl to keep you warm.

You can leave it loose and casual.

Cowl


Or you can pin it up against your neck. You can use a shawl pin, or a brooch, or a chopstick. Or rely on the yarn sticking to itself. If you wear a coat over the top, this is perfect.

Cowl


Or you can pull it up to also keep your nose and ears warm, or to hold up your local bank. Whatever suits.

Cowl


Lots of love
Michelle xo

* Specs for those of you who aren't Patricia: The pattern is Cowlin' Around by Deborah Atkinson and it's not only a freebie but a great pattern. The yarn is Fibreworks hand dyed 4 ply 100% wool. It's a lovely yarn, but I have never used a Fibreworks yarn that didn't bleed like nobody's business when it was being soaked. Patricia - don't wear a white jacket with this cowl on a rainy day!  Hook was 2.5 mm which was the smallest I had used in a while and by jingo it might have made me go cross-eyed. But I loved making this and I am going to make myself one, perhaps with some polwarth undyed, or 8 ply alpaca or something. You should make one too.

6 comments:

  1. Is this for your roomy Patricia? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work. Looks like you are back in the crafty swing of things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - and glad you're hooking away again

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful. Lovely colourway. Bank robbing. Hmm. has potential. Some days work is such **%*%$ you could just contemplate bank robbing in a beautiful crocheted number just to be over it all.It would certainly bring some beauty into the world and I'm sure the tellers would forgive you - particularly if you promised to leave them the cowl. but I digress...main point...beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Patricia did decide to go rob a bank with her cowl, she'd definitely be one of the most stylish robbers in all the land!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.