Saturday, June 29, 2013

Going on retreat

On Sunday night I am going on a quilt retreat for several days.

I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to nice meals not cooked by me. The splendid company of fellow quilters. And top-notch workshops delivered by well-known quilters.

Fabric

In the middle of the excitement there will be a few swims and some strolls around the place. I've heard that the retreat location is quite beautiful.

Most of what I'm excited about though will be the ability to switch off and just focus on my sewing and what I'm learning. No distractions, no obligations. Sounds perfect to me.

I might get the chance to update you about what I'm learning. Or I might be too tired and sore at the and of each day. But I will try.

I'm leaving all my show quilts behind - I will finish them when I return from retreat, when I'll be rested and full of ideas for the next quilts I will make.



Retreat - don't you think that's the best word ever?

5 comments:

  1. Oh it sounds so fantastic. What a lovely opportunity to be able to escape from the madding crowd. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful tim. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time! It sounds like it is going to be just lovely. I could do with a weekend retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous - this retreat sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a blast and get a chance to recharge, re-energize and revitalize. #takemewithyou

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds brilliant. I hope you has a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.