Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Creative Space - Swap

Orange, yellow and brown

This week I have been planning the name badge I am making as part of the Sew It Together name badge swap. We have to make something using the colours of orange, yellow and brown.

Orange, yellow and brown

Even though these three colours are amongst my favourites, I am still finding this colour combination a challenge. Together they could be very country toned, or 70s inspired, or like a child's paintbox. Finding the right combination of colours to put into a name badge no bigger than 9 cm - that's where I get to be creative and have a lot of fun as a result.

More creative spaces at Kirsty's.

12 comments:

  1. Love those colours of the cotton's together! Have fun creating your badge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are very Autumny - perfect for a project in the first week of March!!
    AND I especially like the yellow and brown together ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle, gorgeous colours, very autumnal. Think beautiful Autumn leaves you can't go wrong.
    I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful, have fun.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to put mine together:) Getting there - is on the list to do tonight.
    These are not my normal colours - but am enjoying the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...ric rac...looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very pretty. Like little bits of autumn leaves. They make me think of acorns, squirrels and tree trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a bit of a block with them too Michelle - I kept thinking of my mum's kitchen - orange laminex with mission brown cupboards!
    Can't wait to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a real challenge. I am not terribly color capable myself. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG love the autumnal colours! (Plus I love saying the word autumnal... autumnal... autumnal... )

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are great! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. takes me straight back to our family lounge in the 70's - witht the choc velvet lounge, orange and yellow cushions and string art (really!) and orange curtains

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.