Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Knitspiration

So since I semi-conquered the knit fabrics as part of my Me-Made-May challenge, I've been hankering for some more knit fabric sewing action.

I've purchased the Avocado, the Moneta, the Tiramisu, and (I can't believe my feminist self is admitting this) the Henley.  Admittedly I offered, and he reluctantly accepted. I also downloaded the Kirsten Kimono Tee, and Tessuti's Mandy Boat tee and Our Fave Top. Oh - and after realising I was using the Tonic tee with a Tonic 2 sleeve, I finally printed off the actual Tonic 2 tee with it's crew neck variation.  I'm all set to sew up a storm.

Except for one little thing.

I somehow hurt my back. My days over the last week have been filled with constant pain, a stooped-at-the-waist posture (attractive!), muscle relaxants, and gentle exercise in a heated swimming pool. But I'm seeing a bit of a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Tonight I was able to do a little cutting, compiling and taping of print-at-home patterns (not while sitting on the floor either - I'd never get back up!)

taping

I can't wait to feel more on top of the world. This lack of sewing - of doing anything, really - is starting to bore me. I am enjoying going to the pool every day though.  Mmmmmm.  Spa jets.

So while I wait to heal, these wait for me.

knit fabric

And perhaps last night I bought a little of these online.

    

(Photos all from Tessuti fabrics)

Because it seems I have more patterns that I want to sew than I have fabrics.  Well, that's my story and I'm darn well sticking to it.

I'm also reading the Colette Guide to Sewing Knits. It seems a pretty perfect fit for a relative beginner like me.  Do you have it? What do you think? I probably should give a review once I finish reading it and get sewing again.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are better soon, I am enjoying your wardrobe enhancement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm enjoying it too! Gives me something very pleasant to think about while I'm doing endless water cycling up and down the Gungahlin pool!

      Delete
  2. that's very exciting! Just a hint for the Mandy Boat Tee - adjust the arm widths. lots. I can't wait to see them all made up. I am downloading the kimino t next. I want to see the Tiramisu up close - I also have the Cake Cabriata if you want to borrow and give it a try while you on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! I will have to do a little *ahem* hip widening of the Mandy but I will definitely look at those sleeves. We should coffee sometime this weekend for show and tell with our assorted patterns! And you can take a look at the knit book.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a great idea! I'll txt you

      Delete
  3. Love all these knits coming up Michelle. I made up the Maria Denmark Dolman Tee and it's a great pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that tee too! SOOOO MANY THINGS TO SEW!

      Delete
  4. Yayyou! (I'm missing you heaps on IG btw). Those Thred Theory patterns are great, almost make me want to have a man to sew them for (I said almost hehe). I love the Avocado Hoodie too, and keep forgetting to get the pattern! My overlocker is now behaving after a service, and needed a new top blade- frustrating when the tools you rely on let you down! Hope the back is feeling a bit better and you're having quality sewing time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.