Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Following the pattern


Crochet scarf, originally uploaded by quiltingmick / michelle.

I know it's hard to believe, but even though I've been crocheting for 30 years, I didn't know how to follow a crochet pattern properly until, oh, about 10 weeks ago.

Once I taught myself that handy skill I was off. This scarf was the first off the hook. It's the Shelly pattern from crochetme.com. I used Lincraft Balmoral Tweed - an expensive scarf as it took 3 balls of the stuff. I also made another Shelly in a lighter tweed yarn for a friend - not photos as I forgot, but I was really impressed with how it turned out.

Crochet scarf

1 comment:

  1. Oh look!! I've been toying with the idea of crocheted scarves lately and I can see now they look great. Must look around. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.