Friday, December 14, 2012

It's a wonderful time of the year

The Christmas Spirit is sneaking around the back yard and trying to make it's way in through the windows. I knew I just had to give it some time.

Cakes have been baked (lots and lots of cakes).

Christmas 2012

And granola gifts for my lovely team mates too.

Christmas 2012


Presents wrapped.

Christmas 2012


There was a wonderful work Christmas party at my boss's house.

Christmas 2012

We found a tree we both liked (I lie - it was the only one left in any of the stores but it's just a bit kitsch, it sheds "leaves" all over the floor, and I love it).

Christmas 2012

I'm now officially on leave for a month. We are doing a little bit of travelling to see our families but once we are back home I'm looking forward to participating in the annual ritual of not leaving my postcode for the duration of the holidays.

I'm going to quilt, and sew, and tidy, and garden. I intend to relax. Clean the shed. And swim every single day. And I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. sneaking around? i'd say it's brought its bags, unpacked, and announced its plans to stay through three kings day! this is actually giving me a desire to go out for my annual christmas hot dog & stocking stuffer shopping trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You not only got it back, but have tripled it! I got the tree up...and i've stopped! have a great travelling time, and ditto on the relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.