Monday, October 26, 2009
Things I learned today
* Rain does wonders for the garden. In the four Springs that we've lived here, the garden has never looked so good. It's also never look so weed-infested and overgrown, but we take the good with the bad around this place.
* Broad beans, when you give them a good talking to, can really pick themselves up. They get harvested in one week but still have a little way to go.
* People who make incorrect assumptions can often come off looking like a horses' posterior.
* Wollmeise, even when bought on behalf of friends, can be especially difficult to let go of when the colours are all so pretty. I never thought I wanted a pair of fuschia, teal, or even purple socks. Until today.
* Having a job outside the home both rocks and sucks. I love the company and the feeling of doing something good for the country. And the pay is a lot better than the alternative. But I miss my sewing room, my fabric, listening to the local ABC radio during the day, and watching Ellen during my lunch break.
And because it's Monday and because I still have a Brown Owls post to write tonight, here are some more garden photos.