Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hands off my greasy chicken wings

Bamboo

Look what I found at Lincraft today!! Bamboo! Well, 70% bamboo and 30% cotton, but only $3.99 for 50g! Some of the colours are scary, especially the brighter variegated ones, but in the end I chose a couple of the black as I want to eventually make a short and sweet jacket from The Happy Hooker. I'll need to get more though - 70m of yarn doesn't take you far.

Some of you asked yesterday what I was making with the fabu pink tweed. Well, here's a sneak preview on Lusty Busty Magda the Mannequin. We are still missing a stand-up collar, shortened sleeves and a hem. The button is just for show - it is supposed to go on the collar.

swing jacket in progress

And lastly, because I've been feeling very wistful and sad for my Daku family (even though Susan only works 20 paces from my desk - it's not the point. I miss them), here's a photo which Helen took of George on the boat. I think there's a quilt in that.

Day 2 George sitting in boat

If you want to see more Daku family photos, cleek here.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh affordable bamboo....! I've been lusting after bamboo for ages now, but put off by the price. I can foresee a trip to Lincraft in the near future!

    Lovely photo from Fiji!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tip Michelle. Ta.

    Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spotted that bamboo yanr the other but was hesitant, so will be really interested to hear how it works up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where I might be able to find Fiji crochet patterns? I have a tablecloth that my husband's grandparents bought in Fiji that I am trying to copy and am not having any luck with the stitches, the details can be found here

    http://afecay-crochetstuff.blogspot.com/

    Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.