Monday, August 20, 2007

Lift your feet

Last Friday the two things I had been impatiently waiting for finally arrived.

Next project

I cannot wait to start this project, but first I have to finish off both the Botteh scarf and a sneaky mindless scarf I have been doing at the same time. Starting the Spiderweb pattern will be my reward for finishing those.



Bend the Rules sewing

This is the Amy Karol book I have been searching for in Canberra for weeks. Even stupid Borders didn't have it (it wasn't even in their computer). Eventually I gave up and went to www.fishpond.com.au. Fabulous service, fast postage and it came from New Zealand which I am still trying to figure out the logistics of.


The other exciting thing that happened on the weekend is that I ordered this...

townie

...but with whitewall tyres, hopefully a white seat, silver mudguards and a black basket on the back. I haven't felt this excited about a bike since I got my Malvern Star at age 9. Mainly I got this bike so that I can exercise - my current state of foot crippledom has gotten beyond a joke, and this is a non-weight bearing exercise which might enable me to get my fitness back. Hopefully I'll get the bike by next weekend.

I. Cannot. Wait.

I'm very sad I couldn't get to SnB yesterday - I had intended to, but in the end life got in the way. You know how it is.


7 comments:

  1. Oddly enough the National Gallery shop seems to stock the latest grooviest sewing books....

    Nice bike. I'm quite jealous and really muct get my $18.20 pushbike bargain serviced so I can use it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bike looks great. There seems to have been a revolution in bikes (more comfy sit-up-and beg styles) that might ALMOST make me want a bike. In high school I just HAD to get an uncomfortable men's racer when I should have got a comfy mountain bike. I don't know why, I thought it was cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's gonna be a gorgeous project Michelle. Lovely! Good colour choice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nifty bike - hope you enjoy riding it!

    Beautiful cotton, I love the colour. And I don't know if it's SAFE to show me good online book shops...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. huzzah for bikes and books!!!
    Borders in Canberra is pretty ordinary - there are things I have bought at Melbourne Borders that don't show up in the computer here!!
    Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fishpond is a kiwi site but I guess it was just our turn to make a few dollars with an Aussie branch instead of the more usual Aussie brand in NZ thing. I wish I had known about fishpond, I got it on Amazon, super cheap but took 3 weeks to get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary - I want to make that same top in that same Bendigo cotton in the same colour! And that was BEFORE I read your blog! Good thing that we live in different cities ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.