Sunday, October 11, 2009
Words and pictures
* Floriade is over for another year. We went last weekend when my folks were down, and even though it rained a little it wasn't enough to dampen our enthusiasm for a truly excellent festival. Plus the tulips. Love. I think it might be the Dutchie in me, or perhaps not.
* My first week of work was not so scary. The subject matter is really interesting, there is a lot to learn, the people are delightful, and GOOD LORD THEY CRAFT! So far I have heard of quilters, sewers, scrapbookers and card makers, and that's just in my immediate vicinity.
* Having never been enamoured of the idea of sushi rolls before, in the last week I have had it for lunch four days in a row. Love. I should slow down before I get sick of it.
(These swans do not remind me of Peking Duck sushi. No they do not.)
* I have pinched the tops of my broad beans to make them fruit, and by jove if they don't get their collective green bottoms into gear with beans before Melbourne Cup Day, they are all going to be sacrificed to the compost bin so I can plant my tomatoes. I have lots of flowers, lots of bees and hover flies, but no beans. So far.
* Have I mentioned how nice it is to be working in the city again? No? Well, it's nice. Plus it's close to home. But I miss my Woden buddies a lot, to the point that I may have to plan a long lunch break one Thursday very soon.
* I love my new Nintendo DS so much that I am making it it's own case to keep it warm and protect it's little red self. Photos soon. You know, when I actually make it.