Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oprah


Oprah, originally uploaded by quiltingmick / michelle.

Oprah was my parent's cat and she lived in Cairns with them. She passed away this morning 5/3/08 - she was 15 1/2 years old.

I loved Oprah. She was the only cat I wasn't allergic to, and the only cat I really liked. She was a beautiful little cat - she loved to sit in the sun under the skylight in the loungeroom, and would follow it around all morning. She was the chattiest cat I've ever met. A couple of years ago she was attacked by the dogs next door and Dad saved her life - and in doing so he ended up in hospital for a week with a severe case of cat scratch fever.

Rest in peace, little kitty cat. We'll all miss you.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry - it's just awful losing a furry family member :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that - pets are so special :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Oprah. Hope she's chasing the sun in kitty cat heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I am so sorry that you and your parents have had to say goodbye to Oprah! It's always a very sad time. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences to everyone who loved her. She sounds like a wonderful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Michelle! She was beautiful.

    Can you explain how she came to be called Oprah?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.