1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Here goes (thinking, thinking):
1. For the last few years, I have collected vintage Pyrex, particularly Agee Australia Pyrex. I have more Pyrex casserole dishes, mixing bowls, ramekins and pie plates than should be allowed. At least count I had 51 pieces, but I suspect it's more than that and I just can't count.
2. I was a Presbyterian and Uniting Church churchgoer for most of my life when I found out, at age 20, that I was in fact baptised a Catholic. This was in fact a Big Deal, or it would have been had I still been Presbyterian, as that particular church HATED (with a capital H) Catholics and the Pope even more (a fact I found odd as a youngster, especially as we were taught that as Christians we loved everyone. Just not Catholics, apparently.)
3. Mr QM is the youngest of 9 children. And he's not a Catholic either. Family gatherings are very, um, entertaining. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice when I say "entertaining"?
4. I also collect Blythe dolls, but I use the term "collect" loosely. They are a way of life and have been since 2003. They all have names and personalities. Yes, I talk to them. Yes, I dress them. Yes, I am 38 years old. I am part of a very loving, close-knit online Blythe community and I have made amazing friends. I have only ever met three of them in real life, and they are the most incredible interesting people I am ever likely to meet outside of a Canberra SnB.
And no, I do not think they look like Chucky.
5. I have always sung. I've been a member of choirs since I was a wee thing. I remember being SO excited to belong to the year 3 choir at school, as they wouldn't teach you harmonies until year 3. School choirs, school duets and trios, church choirs, a work choir called "Calculating Women" (we were statisticians), "The Cyrenes" and now "Canberra Union Voices". Singing has taken me to the Blue Mountains for Wintersong, Cobargo for the folk festival, Fiji for a 9 day workshop ... I've sung in a duet in front of lady Flo Bjelke-Peterson at a school speech night, sung in a backing choir for a Fred Smith show at Tilley's and been recorded on an Ocean Moses CD. Too much fun. It must be illegal, surely.
6. I'm allergic to chicken, beef, soy, wheat, oats, malt, yeast, bananas, carrots, green beans. I'm highly allergic to cats. And to grasses. The allergist had told me "The good news is you are only allergic to seven grasses. The bad news is that all seven grow in Canberra". He thought it was really very funny. Strangely, I didn't.
7. I have never, EVER taken illicit drugs, and I've never wanted to. I very rarely drink alcohol. I feel the need to be in control at all times.I tag Purple Purl, The Cat Rules, Thornberry, Puggle Logic, Georgie Love, m1k1 and Taph, if they haven't already participated.
Gorgeous photo of the pyrex QM =)ReplyDelete
I'm loving reading everyone's 7 things!
(working on mine too =))
I agree - great pyrex photo!ReplyDelete
I love those Blythe dolls...now just have to buy one for myself...(but don't tell the 20-odd Barbies I have stashed in a suitcase at my mum's. I think she liked them more than me, actually!)
Tag noted. I guess if you took a week to do yours, we have a bit of time to consider ours? One doesn't want to rush into things, does one?ReplyDelete
I know it's wrong of me, but I nearly cheered when I saw you are allergic to beef, too.ReplyDelete
Oh dear, you mean there is a motherlode of Blythes within the same suburb as me? Actually - do you need props? I bought some stuff in Singapore which is 1/6 (Blythe) scale - some of it I can use, some is looking for a new home.ReplyDelete
And you might want to reconsider your plans to visit with a suprise. I have a cat :-/
very interesting seven things! im with you on the cat allergy. i can see how you wouldnt have thought that comment about the grasses funny, but i did laugh when i read it :) the dolls are amazing, ive never seen them before! cool.ReplyDelete
What a fascinating list - love the Pyrex pic too. Sh*t, that's a lot of food allergies to contend with :( My hubby is highly allergic to heaps of Canberran grasses too, so he always gets to dip out of mowing the lawn...ReplyDelete
Thanks for tagging me Mick! First time I've been tagged/attempted to even think about doing one of these things! But it sounds like fun!!ReplyDelete